Thursday, May 3, 2007

Back to the medical world

I have had 5 surgeries since June of 2002, and still have only a basic understanding of Chiari.
Why?
Because until now, most of the medical community I have met, don't know what it is.
Isn't that comforting.
Most doctors run for their medical books when I ask if they are familiar with Arnold Chiari Malformation.
While neurosurgeons can't answer simple questions about Chiari, they are willing to carve into my brain.


I ran away from Chiari a while back.
Unfortunately, I found out you can't run from Chiari----
However, you can hide from the doctors for a while.

I couldn't take the doctor's neurologists, and neurosurgeons (ns) any longer. Med after med, surgery after surgery........no one could mend Q.
You can fool me once, twice...apparently even five times......
But six, nah.
I have wised up by then.

This time is different though. In New York, there is a place where they do not have to look up the name in there college books. They already know what it is. Heck, the place is even named after it: The Chiari Institute.

If you have a chance, check out their website at
http://www.northshorelij.com/body.cfm?ID=6407

I can't even begin to explain how psyched I am to be going. I pray they are God's answers to many long awaited prayers.

0 comments: