Monday, July 23, 2007

Do the Jitterbug

Did that song have anything to do with the butterflies in my stomach?


So the peace collapsed some tonight. It was weird because the crash caught me off guard. I was fine, and then in tears.

I'm like manic-depressive the days prior to any surgery. Happy and excited at the prospect of hope one minute, and then sobbing the next when I least expect it.

Honestly, I have been shocked by the peace I have had.

I cried at church this week.......because they just happen to have to have an entire series on The Roadmap to Peace, just a month from surgery..........and I was so awed about how I was able to have peace despite the circumstances. Really it is amazing to know that the road ahead contains some serious pain...........but be ok anyhow!

The peace is awesome!!!!

So tears ofcourse floored me.

I was irritated about being in pain.....and then for some reason let the thought of how much pain surgery is (you gotta remember, I had this surgery before, so I unfortunately know this).......and I got scared again.......and that fear came out in streams for a little while.

But they are gone now. So don't worry needing to cheer me up.

As I have said before, I am spoiled, and God doesn't let it touch me for long.

I am just practicing sharing my feelings, like I have been known to tell others to do :)

Anyhow, I have been scoping out the Internet for deals on hotels in the Long Island area, and still have found nothing worth mentioning. I am not thinking that the place I was hoping to stay will work, and I really want someone with me. Why is NYC so expensive?!!!!! Why couldn't The Chiari Institute be in some small town in NC where hotels and food are cheap? At least then, all I would be worried about is what ever the insurance won't pay.

My mother will most likely be traveling between NY and MD most of the time. It is really too long to leave Robin with my grandmother. For those that don't know, that is my sister that had a brain injury a while back due to an aneurysm------and no, I have already checked with my parents; they did not do drugs, nor are they siblings. At least, so they say.......

I am trying to fly my friend Jen out so she can stay with me especially during the time after I get out of the hospital, but need to stay in NY. My mother has to be back in MD the following weekend, and who knows I might be out of the hospital by then and in some hotel waiting to be oked to go back to Maryland.

Anyhow, fundraising ideas.........please start coming. I doubt that many people are going to buy Chiari t-shirts, clock, and mugs.

Luckily, it's a rare condition, so there just isn't the audience for the product. Those reading with Chiari......see the link to the right :)

I have come up with a really awesome idea for the future.....you know after I sell my book, and have the money........I would love to find a house in Long Island and turn it into a place for people to stay while being treated at The Chiari Institute. Not only would it be a place to stay, but also a place to meet others who live with the same condition.

Anyhow, I digress which is most likely why I haven't come up with any new fundraising ideas as of yet. But I will put my mind to it, and get back to you.

In the meantime, if you have any ideas, set them free in a comment or an email. I would love to hear them.

Pray concerns: Keeping the peace in that huge brain of mine that won't stay in place.

Take care of you!

1 comments:

Linda said...

I am glad you are going to TCI. I can't imagine what you are feeling about having surgery. Especially since you've done this before. Chiari has taught me one thing. My walk with God is no where near what it needs to be. I hope to correct that sooner than later. :) Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda
www.lvwnet.com