Wednesday, July 11, 2007

No Date Yet

I have left a couple of messages with TCI's surgery scheduler in the last week, and have not heard back yet.

I am guessing that might have to do with the fact that the place is booming with people from all over the world, looking for someone who truly gets this thing.

Anyhow, so that means I have no clue when my surgery is going to be at this point.

I have not blogged since I have been back, because I struggled with whether I should share my process with you all. I usually figure it all out, then share as needed. However, I did bring you all along for the journey thus far, so is it fair to just leave you hanging?

Perhaps.
Perhaps, you would understand.
Perhaps you could care less.
Perhaps we come from a society that just wants the facts anyhow.

But in the last few days I decided I would at least answer the questions to all that I have received since I got back.

How am I feeling?

Interestingly, the vision of a person whose house has just been shredded by a tornado comes to mind.

Reporter: You have lost everything you own. How do you feel?

So I have an active imagination. Like that is news.

I'm alright. I feel excited, nervous, terrified, and relieved.

My thoughts regarding surgery

The benefits outweigh the risk, as far as I am concerned.

And I know it will be painful, but all great growth moments are, aren't they?

Mother Teresa is quoted saying:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.

I couldn't think of anything beyond the surgery when I first came home.

And I was freaking out inside.

However, after spending some time in prayer, I really feel at peace with it all. I am awed by the sense of tranquility I do have right now.

Now this might be temporary....but I am getting things done, and thinking about other things for now, so I am happy.

What will the surgery do for me physically?

Hopefully it will relieve pain and fatigue at some level.

It could make life so much easier.

Sigh.

Anyhow, I will put up more pictures from NY when I get them, and post the surgery date when I know it.

1 comments:

lace1070 said...

Loved the Mother Teresa quote ~ I often feel the same way. As for me ~ I care about your journey ~ as I am on a similar path ~ the waiting is the hardest #$%$^$%^ part! I feel like I am running to stand still and have to remind myself that everything will happen in Gods' timing! May you have moments of peace where you know in your heart that everything will work out. Press on ~ Lace
http://livelovelaugh-lace1013.blogspot.com/