Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I can not change...

So I hear it has been a while since I piped in....so here I am.
Things are going well. I am feeling more and more alive everyday. I am also starting to get back to a semi-normal routine.....and drum roll please...
I am writing again :)

There are still obstacles I face each day with very little patience for this healing vessel.
The hard part is dealing with limitations, accepting them, and moving on. I have always prided myself in finding a way to get things done.......and these days things are not getting done.
For instance I needed help lifting the hutch to my kitchen cabinet......and I spent several days trying to lift it myself, or figure out a way to make it easier for me to lift.
It took a while to just accept that lifting the darn thing would end up hurting me more physically than it would hurt my pride to ask for a little help.
Not just pride for the lifting....but for the mess someone would have to walk through to help out.

The place is horrible. I don't have the energy to clean, but I want to lift my own hutch. In my mind it all made sense.
What I do find interesting is that I seem to have enough energy to make a mess...

So this week I am trying to clean. Taking a little at a time, and focusing on what I can do.
Just because I can't climb up to dust the mantle, really should not mean that I let the rest of the room fall to pieces......or at least so "they" say...

This will be a feat since I like to clean from top to bottom in one large swoop. But here is a lesson on patience for me to study thoroughly.

Isn't is great that my AFGOs are so small in comparison to the last several weeks?
Yet, God is continuing to supply me with AFGOs which means I'm not done yet.

0 comments: