Saturday, December 29, 2007

Crossroads


Okay so I have been told in the past that I am not so good at getting information out on upcoming surgeries. That is how this blog "Tavelin' Thru" began. And I thought it would end after that first surgery(well sixth but whose counting).

So the surgery route doesn't seem to be ending soon.
I think with TCI I had some misconception that they would snip snip, fix Q.
And that's not how it works.
I know that isn't how it works.
But a girl can dream, right?!

Anyhow, I need the shunt again.
Yeah we all celbrated that I wouldn't need the shunt after my last surgery.
How exciting was that?!!!!
And for those who have been on this journey, there was good reason that we were all given that infomration.
We all needed that time of celebration.
It's been a long walk, and God knew there needed to be a break, a release, a time for joy. I don't notice a time for surgery....but nonetheless...

Eccl 3:1-8
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to

kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time

to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to

gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 6 a time to search and a time to give

up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be

silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for

peace.NIV

A new season is blowing in, and it is time to switch gears.
The path has changed course, bringing me back to that dreaded shunt.

Don't worry. The Shepperd has not left his sheep behind. He knows my heart, and what I can handle, and when. And fortunately I don't travel alone!!!!


I am in a place where I am more easily accept this fate. I have had successful surgery with TCI, and trust that Dr. B isn't Dr. Spetzler. His first reaction to the recent test results was to make sure I knew that he remembered how much pain the shunt caused in the past. He didn't belittle me for having pain, or discount it. Instead, he is asking that another surgeon take a quick look in my belly as he is placing the shunt.....and hopefully they can find a spot to drain the spinal fluid that is less painful for me.

So here it is; the surgery date.
January 15th

A little close for comfort...but then again, let's get it done and over with.

I am ready to take the next step.
At least at this moment.
Pray the seconds, minutes, and days following, I will feel just as willing.

Peace,
Q

1 comments:

lace1070 said...

Oh Queli ~ my heart goes out to you and your continued struggles but I know you will be in good hands ~ there will be an end to all of this struggling, soon! Hugs to you ~ Lace