Friday, December 7, 2007

Valley of the Sun

I am going to AZ for Christmas!!!!
I am so excited. I miss it so much, and with the snow and ice here......I am so excited to go defrost a bit.
It has been a long year, and the peace of the valley is calling my name. I can't wait to spend time with friends I call family. I have missed them all so much more than words can express. But I also know we will be able to pick up just as if I never left, because our bonds are deeper than miles.
I also can't wait to sit on the plush grass next to the man-made lake, sipping on my favorite momNpop-shop coffee, while I work on putting the final touches to my novel.
Yes, I said final touches.
And this time I mean it!!!

It has taken me a long time to finish this baby because I haven't wanted to let it go. However, it is all grown up now and needs to leave the nest.

Any more coddling will only weaken it.

By the first part of 2008, I will be getting my first rejection letters from agents who read my query letters, and were disappointed that the book is not a romance novel, or mystery; and/or are hesitant to bring on a first time novelist.
Yes, rejection is part of the game, and I expect it.......actually I embrace it.
We can't please all of the people all of the time.
I only need one person to believe in it (outside of friends and family)
And it will fly. I know it will.
Post-Chiari writing has been a saving grace, sent from God to keep my mind sharp (no comments from the peanut gallery), and my spirit searching for more.
Anyhow, there I go into a side story once again.

The point is: I am going to AZ!!!!

Anyone else pumped about their plans for Christmas and The New Year?
And what about New Year resolutions?
Mine ofcourse is to get my book published.......and yours?

1 comments:

lace1070 said...

Queli ~ you go girl ~ get your book published and start writing another ~ I'll buy your book! I am thinking I need to write a book after this freaking Chiari chapter is over ~ Hugs to you ~ Lace