Sunday, February 17, 2008

Broken Dreams

I have always loved this poem, and just recently started using it as my signiture on emails.

I wanted to share it with all of you, because one thing I have learned as I have met more and more people with chronic illnesses.....this poem has been a reoccuring theme in many of own lives. With each new step, we have to learn once again how to let go.


Broken Dreams

As children bring their broken toys
with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
because He was my friend.
But then instead of leaving Him
in peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
with ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How can You be so slow?"
"My child," He said, "What could I do?
You never did let go."

Author unknown

1 comments:

lace1070 said...

What a sweet poem and such a great reminder to leave our worries at HIS feet and let him heal us in HIS time. Hugs to you ~ Lace